Monday, August 2, 2010

Let people be people

I was going through the drive through the other day, when I noticed the girl in the drive through window. She had a large band-aid on her neck. At first thought, wow that must be some cut, but then I realized that it was to cover a tattoo. Now personally I don't have any tattoos, but I don't mind if someone does. Same thing with ear rings, why should people have to cover up. Our society is still heavily focused on dictating the way a person should act, or a person should look. Weather or not that person has piercings, tattoos, gay, straight, or whatever, we need to be more accepting in this world of a persons individuality, and not suppress it. I know that there are probably good times to have to cover up you uniqueness, but a person running the drive-through at a fast food restaurant should not have to cover up a tattoo, it is more gaudy seeing a band-aid than it is to see the tattoo.

Does anyone else agree.

Kris

1 comment:

  1. I personally TOTALLY AGREE! I hate that they have to use a band-aid. I'm sure if I still worked in the restaurant business I'd have to cover up mine. And I don't know about you, but I'd rather see a tattoo on the hand that was holding my plate than a band-aid. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete