Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life isn't better dead!

okay, I don't know how many people are reading my blog, and what age range all my readers are. I would like to think that there are more than just my closest friends reading this, but I don't know.

People please, over the last week, five teenagers have committed suicide due to being relentlessly teased by classmates for being openly gay. There are two problems I see. The first is the teasing. I know it is a fact of life people, I understand that 100%, I myself was teased a lot as a kid. The difference is, it wasn't because of my sexuality, I was not out at all when I was a kid. The biggest thing is that kids don't know when to quit. Look at how this is effecting the teen kid. Parents need to talk to their kids about the consequence of teasing.

The other problem is SUICIDE. Suicide is not the answer at all. Okay lets think about it for a second. How bad is your life, ...not bad enough. I know its rough, but coming from someone that was teased through school, it doesn't matter after high school. I myself wish that I had come out a long time before now. I love being defined as gay, but I am 33 years old and have had a lot of time in my life to figure myself out. Here is my point though. Life is so much better of a choice than death. Think of it this way. Life will never have a chance to get better if you don't give it a chance to. The world outside of school years is so much more accepting of Gay's.

I don't want to see any more stories like these. If you are going to come out of the closet and you are young prepare yourselves it is going to be a rocky road at first. If you let it get to you, then they are going to continue teasing you. If you go along with the teasing and play along with the teasing, it will get old for them and they will move on to someone else.

Don't suppress yourselves because your worried about the ignorance of the teenagers. Let yourself out, and just make yourself as mentally prepared for it as possible.

Please leave your comment,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment