Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 11th

So as most of my readers already know yesterday was October 11th, national coming out day. This last year has been a really big year for me coming out. So to celebrate NCOD I decided to tell some of my other friends that I have not told. Still haven't told my parents, I want to but it is so hard for some reason.

The people I managed to tell on Monday was an old friend from when I went to dive school in Houston, TX. We used to work together at Lowes while I was going to school. She was pretty cool with it.

One of my co-workers asked what October 11th was, but I have not had a chance to talk to him about it. I think I want to tell him, he has become a close friend and think that it is something he should know about me.

I also let a friend from college know, it has been a while since we talked, and although I could not get a hold of him directly, I left him a message. I am hoping he won't have a hard time with it (don't think he will).

Then there was a friend I used to work with. He lives in Washington right now. I tried to tell him, but he has not responded to my text messages, so as soon as he does I am going to tell him.

Well that is my story for October 11th. I hope everyone that took advantage of this day had a good experience, and if you do decided to start coming out of the closet, take it from me, don't wait for the next October 11th. Make every day that special day to someone.

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment