Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Big Day

Well today was the big day, the day that scares the crap out of most gay people. You know what I am talking about. Today was the day I told my parents. Wow that was hard to get out. I started by talking to my mom this afternoon, about an hour before I had to leave to come back home. I didn't beat around the bush, I just said. MOM I have to tell you something, its probably going to blindside you, I am gay. After the shock wore off, we talked a little more, tears fell, kind of expected that, and we talked some more. I got the typical motherly concern for things, U know safe sex, grandkids, yadi yadi yadi, Not trying to make light of the conversation, cause it really wasn't.

Now as far as my dad was concerned I have not had a whole lot of time to get a feel for what he is feeling. He was at work when I was discussing it with my mom, and I had to leave before he got home from work. I told my mom that I would call him when he got out, but she said that she would talk to him about it. So he called me about an hour before I got home and we talked for a little bit.

I think they are both still in shock from the news. I was thinking that they already had some idea, but I was wrong. Then they brought up a point that I didn't think about at all. Telling my nephews and niece. We are probably going to have some discussions about that over the next couple of weeks, My parents are concerned about the kids using the news to label me, my parents don't want that at all. They are great people, and they are trying to keep the kids as well diverse and politically correct as possible. They are doing a wonderful job with the kids, as they did with us. I love them very much, and I hope they can work through whatever is concerning about me.

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment