Monday, November 1, 2010

Note to Self

It has been a while since I have blogged. It has been a busy couple of weeks at work. There are a few things that I need to straighten around in my life, so things have been slow for any progress.

Don't get me wrong, there really isn't anything major wrong with my life, but I want to make some changes that will help me both in the near future and in the long term future. The kind of thing I had in mind are changes to my relationship status, telling my parents that I am gay (I know that comes up on almost every post), and the biggest one, but that I really can't start until I am fully out of the closet, so it better be soon, is a change in career. Why do I need to be fully out to do this last thing you may ask. Its simple. I really think that some of my biggest hold ups with my job is my fear of being outed. Now I know that sounds like an excuse, but why should I work to progress myself in a company that I am pretty sure will end my career if they new I was gay. So I want to get a fresh start with something new with no secrets, so I can concentrate and put my whole heart into it to make myself the best at whatever it is that I do.

Thanks for reading my blog. This particular blog had only one target audience (me). I think it is something that needed to be said to myself, and I needed to use this blog as a tool to get my thoughts down on something concrete. Something that I can look back on and say, "This is really how I feel". I am going to start looking at schools this week and figure out where I want to go. I think I know what I want to do (IT management).

So of all those that read my blog, who can see me as the best damn gay IT manager there is.

Thanks for reading my blog, I hope that I didn't ramble on too much for you.

Kris

1 comment:

  1. Of course you don't ramble too much. Stop being goofy! As far as an IT...I could definitely see it. Any penguin jobs out there? LoL! But going back to school? Really? Though one of the best IT schools is around here. Just sayin! LoL! And no, I don't think you're using it as an excuse. You have very valid reasoning for feeling how you do and you shouldn't discount how you feel ever. Never think it's just as simple as an excuse not to go anywhere. As an outsider though, I really hope you find something that you can do where you DON'T have that as a road block. Because I do agree that this fact alone is keeping you from being yourself and enjoying your job. And not liking your job for any reason is not healthy. So get out there, find something or just come out to your boss and suffer any consequences that may come of it (Which will probably be nothing) and do what's right for YOU! Love ya cuz!

    ReplyDelete