Tuesday, July 12, 2011

need to rename the blog

This posting is not posted live. I am at the coffee shop writing this, and it won't connect to the internet here. Tell me what is the point of having an Internet cafe and not being able to connect to the interenet. O well.

It really makes a person feel good, when I haven't posted a blog in a while and I start getting messages that people are waiting for my blog. I love you people. So without any other delay, other than the fact that I can't get on the interenet, ladies and gentlemen, my blog.

So this last couple of weeks have been a crazy week. As most of you remember from my last blog, it was time to start coming out at work. It was about time anyway, but it was given a shove that direction, and I decided to use that momentum and go with it.

I showed up last week for work and nothing was really said until after work. C and I had a talk about how he was feeling about the whole thing. He was feeling a slight bit guilty about teasing me in the past, and doesn't think it is appropriate to shoot gay jokes at me anymore. I told him that it was okay, he didn't know, and I find them amusing.

Well the rest of that week went buy with nothing more said. Had a text message conversation with T. the supervisor that found out first. He is cool with everything, and said that nothing will change.

Yesterday, I drove my car form my cousins house to the job site, since we were working in Nashville anyway that morning, I was early as expected, and C. showed up slightly after I got there. He wanted to let me know that him and T. had a conversation with the Big C. about me. I understand why they did that, but Big C. hasn't said anything to me yet about it, and I am not sure that he ever will. He did tell C. and T. that if someone starts in on me, and maliciously starts harassing me, then I need to tell T or C so that way they can mitigate the problem. I personally am not too worried about it, I can take any teasing the guys through my way. Its not my fault they are ignorant assholes.

Now it is time for some good conversation. I was driving down the road Saturday on the way to my cousins house, with the top of my new convertible down, first mistake there. Second mistake I had a tank top on. Third mistake I didn't put any sun screen on. And the forth mistake, I was wearing my seat belt. Put all of that together, it leads to an pretty funny looking sunburn on the upper half of my body. I have burnt arms, a burnt chest, burnt neck, burnt face, and a stripe across the center of my chest that is ghost white. Thank god for UV blocking seat belts, LOL. O well at least with a shirt on I don't have that bad of a farmers tan anymore.

Sunday I got to race the Miata for the first time. OMG it was so much fun. This car handles far better than anything else I have ever driven on the autocross. The only problem I ran into Sunday was the tires. They are really old, starting to dry rot on the sides, and the tread is really really hard. All that put together means hella drifting opportunity on the track. While the drifting was a ton of fun to do, it is very very slow. I was five seconds behind the main pack of cars, and nine seconds behind the leader. I was so close to the leader I could taste it. So the objective of this month, before the next autocross is to get to get the rack and pinion in replaced, the rear brake pads replaced, and hopefully a new set of rubber. I wan't to get some real race treads, and see what I can do with that.

Well I will let you all go, thanks for reading my blog, and thanks for letting me know that you want more.

Kris

P.S. You know the phrase “take the time to smell the roses”? Well I got one sort of like that. While driving down the highway, instead of drifting your mind into oblivion, which I know you all do, and I know you are not going to pay 100% attention to the road, take some time to look through the first layer of trees on the side of the highway. You will start to appreciate how beautiful the woods are.

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment