Friday, March 19, 2010

Why don't they just ask?

You know, I work with a bunch of guys at work, and almost every one of them makes jokes and comments all the time about me being gay. That is great, for the most part I really enjoy it. What i don't know, is what they are talking about behind my back. For those of you that don't work in a semi-tight nit work environment, the gossip is horrible.

I know that most of the people at my company think I am gay. But does anyone know how many of them have actually came up to me and asked? That's right, NONE. None, not a single person. I don't pretend to act any different then I normally am, but some times I think I work for a bunch of chickens, that are so affraid of knowing the truth that they mask it with jokes and gossip.

Okay I am laying this out there to anyone who runs across this post. From the mind of a gay guy. If you suspect that a co-worker is gay, and you are really interested in knowing, ASK! Ask me, I will tell you. If you don't ask me you won't know for sure.

I have made it a personal policy this year, kind of a New Years resolution if you will, that if someone in a semi private setting came up to me and asked, I would tell them the truth.

I will leave you all at that, and remember if you have a question ask. It is stupid and reckless to assume.

Kris

1 comment:

  1. Note: Reading that after I posted it sounded like I had some anger built up. So not the case. I just wanted to let everyone know that most gay guys, even extremely in the closet men, speaking from experience, really want to tell people. They are just not offered the venue in which to do that.

    Stop repressing your true feelings, turn that rainbow bright light on and shine for the whole world to see.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete